If you want to assemble the pallet racking yourself, please read this pallet racking installation guide before you start the work. This is for the safety and efficiency of your work, thus the rack can be properly assembled and maintained.
The most rule: pallet racking should only be assembled only by skilled installer, not temporary worker. Conctact with T Racking at [email protected] if you are not familiar with the racking installation job
If the racking is not assembled properly, it may lead to potential risk to your warehouse staff and the product you store.
The general pallet racking installation guide is as below:
- The racking should be installed inside warehouse, not outdoor. If the racking need to be put outdoor, the racking structure need special design for wind load, snow load.
- The warehouse floor should be flat and even. Usually the warehouse is not flat enough, thus please use shim plate under footplate to make the racking in same horizontal level.
- Please only assemble the racking according to the drawing and make sure every components in it’s designed place. This is very important as someone may adjust the beam level position which is not allowed, as this may affect the loading capacity of complete racking system.
- All the safety pins must lock into beam hole correctly, this is to prevent the beam from dropping off its position
- All the nut’s and bolt for bracing, base plate need to be tighten to secure position. Use washer for each bolts and nuts. Washer would help bolt connect more sturdy with nuts.
- Each column post need and must anchored to concrete floor, this is very important for the safety of complete racking system. T Racking offer anchor for each column post within the shipment package. The shipment quantity is 5% more than required just to avoid loss and damage during freight.
- Racking safety capacity reminder should put on each post, this is a must to avoid over weight. Remember 70% accident cause by pallet over weight
- Never climb on the racks at any time. When you install the racking system, use a lift platform to erect the frame. When you need to load and unload the pallet, use a forklift to do it. The racking is design for static loading, thus human climb may cause serious accident
- Install post protector to protect the upright post from careless forklift driver, as well as frame protector to prevent forklift damage. The forklift driver also need to be trained with safety operation rule.
- Make sure all the components are in good condition before installation. Report to supplier or get replacement if there is visible damage in the component
- Do not modify any component when installation, the action includes but not limited to cut, weld, bending or any other way. Some time for mezzanine floor racking, there is some assemble hole need to drill when installation. Always let skilled worker to drill the hole exact according to drawing
Above are the 11 general pallet installation guide. The easiest way to handle the installation would be get a professional team to do the job. As a professional warehouse racking & shelving supplier, T Racking offer professional pallet racking installation job for all the customers.
If you would like a quotation or further information on this product, please fill in the form below and we will reply to you within 1 working day.