What’s Drive-In Racking/Drive Through Racking?
For every warehouse owner, the main concern is to increase the space and value. For this warehouse, owners try out different racking systems. When opting for a racking system you need to make sure that the racking system you are choosing is able to maximize space in your warehouse. Well, this is where the need for drive-in racking and drive through racking systems comes into the picture. Today, in this particular article we are going to learn some important details about the mentioned racking systems.
What is drive-in racking?
This is perhaps the best pallet racking systems that you can use in order to increase space in your warehouse. With the help of this storage system, you can actually multiply the amount of usable storage in your warehouse. This versatile racking system is a unique type of racking solution available for warehouses and distribution facilities. Selecting the right kind of pallet can seem to be a hard task if you are not aware of the difference between each type of racking.
Drive-in racking is mainly used in the food and beverage and manufacturing industries. This dense storage system requires very less aisle space in comparison to the other types of racking systems. Well, this is what makes it ideal for the freezer and cooler applications. With the use of this type of racking system, you can efficiently use your space and that too with less use of energy.
What are the different types of drive-in racking system?
There are basically two main types of drive-in racking systems available out there. The two types of drive-in racking systems that you can go for include the following.
- Single entry racks: These are the type of racks that includes forklift access to one side only.
- Double entry racks: Unlike single entry racks, double entry racks have forklift access from both sides. A large beam is used in the center in order to hold a row of racks in the place.
What is drive-through racking?
To define it in simple terms, drive-through racking is a first in, first out system. In this type of racking, pallets are loaded from one side of the rack and it is retrieved from the other side. With this system, independent stacking and retrieval are possible. This is what increases the efficiency of this system. Not only that, but this type of racking system also eliminates the need for multiple aisles as well.
What is the difference between drive-in and drive-through racking?
The main point of difference between the two types of racking systems includes the following.
- With drive-in racking system, the racking can be done only from one side. But on the other hand, in a drive-through racking system, you can rack goods from one side while retrieving it from the other side.
- Throughput is higher in drive-through racking system than in drive-in racking system.
Well, now you know the difference between the two main types of racking systems.
The benefits of drive in racking system and drive-through racking systems
When it comes to managing your space in your warehouse, choosing the right type of racking system can be an overwhelming task. After all, there are different types of pallet racks available out there for you to choose from. For the ones who are looking forward to storing large volumes of goods in their warehouse can go for drive-in and drive-through racking systems. These are the two types of racking systems that are known to provide maximum efficiency.
It can provide you with high-density storage for your goods. To be more precise, you can store your goods from floor to ceiling and also from side to side without any aisle in between each bay. Thus, you can have 75% more space in your warehouse to store your goods. It is for this reason that drive-in and drive-through racking systems are described as the most beneficial one. These racking systems provide you with a number of benefits. Having said that, now let’s take a look at the main benefits that you can avail from the use of these racking systems.
- First of all, both these racking systems are the most efficient ones that you can go for. They can provide you with high-density storage for your warehouse and thus, you will be able to use huge volumes of goods in your facility.
- Another great benefit of using this type of racking systems is that it takes very less time to load and unload these racking systems. This basically means that you can save more time by opting for these racking pallets.
- If you have similar products to store then you can easily go for drive-in racking as it will prove to be the ideal option. With the help of drive-in pallets, you will be able to make better use of space in your warehouse. In case of similar products, it is always better for the drive-in racking rather than the selective type of racking.
- With the help of these racking systems, you can also store large amounts of goods in the same available space. Thus, it proves to be cost-effective for the warehouse owner.
So these are the main benefits that you can avail from the use of drive-in and drive-through racking pallets.
From the above points, it can be said that drive-in and drive-through racking systems are the two main types of racking systems available out there. These racking systems are efficient than the others and thus, they can provide increased productivity. The main benefit of using this type of racking pallets is that you can store large volumes of goods easily. This basically means that you will be able to manage your space better in your warehouse. It is because of this reason that warehouse owners are more into these type of racking pallets. If you wish to increase or maximize space in your warehouse then you already know the type of racking systems that you have to go for.